You will receive the following ingredients
- 6 marinated lamb skewers, 1 cucumber, 1 garlic, 500g sheep’s yogurt, 1 bunch of oregano, Flat Bread
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Red Wine Vinegar, Flake Salt
For the tzatziki sauce
- 1 cucumber
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 of a cup extra virgin olive oil
- 500g of strained yogurt (18 ounces)
- 1-2 tbsps of red wine vinegar
- a pinch of salt
- 10 pita breads
- olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
You’ll be doing
- BBQ or grill your souvlaki skewers.
- To prepare the tzatziki sauce for the lamb souvlaki. Pour in a blender the olive oil and grated garlic and blend until combined. Remove the skin and the seeds of the cucumber and grate it into a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper and leave aside for 10 minutes. Wrap the grated cucumber in a towel and squeeze, in order to get rid of the excess water. In a bowl, add the cucumber, the blended garlic and oil, the yogurt, 1-2 tbsps of red wine vinegar, a pinch of salt and blend, until the ingredients are combined. Store the tzatziki sauce in the fridge and always serve cold.
- While your lamb souvlaki is cooking, prepare the pita breads. Preheat the oven to 250C. Use a cooking brush to lightly oil the pita breads on both sides and season with salt and oregano. Place a large oven tray at the bottom of the oven and place the pita breads on top of the tray. Bake for 2-3 minutes. (Alternatively barbecue the pita breads, until nicely coloured on both sides).
- Enjoy this delicious Greek lamb souvlaki recipe with pita bread and tzatziki sauce with one of our READY TO EAT Greek Salads.