15 Jan PEACHES AND KEEN!
There’s no doubt that watching the tennis can work up a peachy keen appetite so this Ginger Kombucha Granita with Peaches and Blackberries looks like a winner to me. It’s an ace for the budget too because both fruits are on special this week!
Kombucha is low in sugar so it freezes nicely. Use super-ripe peaches full of flavour and sweetness and the syrup can be adjusted to suit your taste.
- 2 peaches, pitted and thinly sliced
- 60 gm (about ½ punnet) blackberries
- 60 gm (about ½ punnet) blueberries
- shiso or mint leaves to serve
- 2 peaches, coarsely chopped
- 400 ml kombucha
- 60 gm rice malt syrup, or to taste
- 1½ tsp coarsely grated ginger
For ginger-kombucha granita, process ingredients in a blender until very smooth. Pour into a deep tray and freeze, scraping occasionally with a fork to form crystals, until frozen (6 hours or overnight). Scrape to loosen 30 minutes before serving, and return to freezer.
Chill a platter. Spoon granita over the platter, top with peaches, berries and shiso leaves (use Mint as an alternative) and serve immediately.