16 Jan HOT, WILD & WINDY!
The weather continues to play havoc with the harvests along the east coast but we have worked our magic to bring you some fabulous specials this week. The corn (3 for $3.50) is so sweet and juicy and just begging for the BBQ. Throw the Zucchini (3 for $5) on and add some cumin spiced Eggplant (3 for $5) to boot. Gourmet Tomatoes (4 for $5), and Lebanese Cucumbers (10 for $5) with fresh Basil and Mini Cos (2 for $3.50) complete the picture.
The Summer fruits are spectacular. Our pick this week are Paradise Pears (also know as Sicilia Pears). These little nuggets of flavour are sold by the 500g bag and make the perfect lunchtime snack. We also have Tassie Red Cherries, 1/2 Seedless Watermelon, Blueberries, Bananas, Raspberries and Green Grapes all priced below.
- White Grapes (2 bags $15)
- Bananas (10 for $5)
- Red Cherries (500g for $9)
- Paradise Pears (new & seasonal) 500gms $7
- Watermelon 1/2 $9
BBQ VEGETABLE KEBABS
- 2 zucchini, peeled into ribbons
- 2 x 180g pkts haloumi or tofu, cut into 2cm cubes
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Lemon wedges, parsley to serve
- Preheat barbecue grill on medium. Place zucchini in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Set aside for 2 mins and drain thoroughly.
- Place the zucchini, haloumi, tomatoes and onion in a large bowl. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with oregano and paprika. Gently toss to combine.
- Thread vegetables, haloumi or tofu onto soaked bamboo skewers. Cook for 2 mins each side or until lightly charred. Serve on a platter with lemon wedges and parsley.