17 Jul CHERRY RIPE!
Queensland Corn (3 for $2.40) is also great eating right now and the Hass Avocados ($2.35 each) are rich and buttery.
Packham Pears (3 for $2.45) are leading the winter fruits – poach them in spices and serve with chocolate sauce and clotted cream – divine!
New on the specials list this week is the exotic Saba Melon ($4.50 each) sometimes called the Santa Claus Melon or Winter Melon. They are mildly sweet with a scintillating pale flesh. Originally from Spain but sourced north of the border, they may have you up dancing the tango before you know it!
Add Strawberries ($3.55 punnet) to your order as they cannot get any better and will delight you with their sweetness and flavour. Add some Passionfruit (3 for $2.60), Red Papaya ($4.65 each) Bananas (3 fo $2.20) for the perfect fruit salad!
Enjoy the last week of the school hols and remember, if it isn’t fresh we don’t sell it!
Zucchini Pasta with Slow Roasted Tomatoes, Olives and Herb Ricotta
Zucchini noodles are tossed through the roasted tomatoes and their pan juices to create a rustic sauce. The olives give a lovely salty note and the ricotta is both punchy and beautifully creamy.
- 200 grams ricotta cheese
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 small bunch chives, finely sliced
- large handful fresh basil, cut into fine ribbons
- 500 grams cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 zucchini, ends trimmed
- 8–10 pitted kalamata olives, sliced
- sea salt
- Combine the ricotta, lemon zest and herbs in a bowl. Mix and season well.
- Lay tomatoes snugly in a single layer in an oven-proof dish.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and season generously. Roast for 90 minutes until shrivelled and sweet.
- Use a spiraliser to cut all the zucchini into pasta-like strands.
- Add to the hot tomato pan along with the olives. Toss well. This will gently heat the zucchini and create a light sauce using the tomatoes and their pan juices.
- Divide between 2 plates.
- Top with a big dollop of the herbed ricotta and garnish with cracked black pepper and additional fresh herbs, you can also drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil if you wish. Serve immediately.