05 Mar A PERFECT MATCH!
The summery flavours of Asparagus are a perfect match with the nuttiness of Hazelnuts and bitter tang of Arugula (rocket). Toss in some tasty Goat’s cheese and thyme dressing for a truly fabulous seasonal salad!
- 60 gm hazelnuts
- 100 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- 100 gm (2½ cups) crustless sourdough bread, coarsely torn
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed
- 100 gm Arugula leaves
- 80 gm soft goat’s cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- ½ garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tsp thyme leaves
- 1 lemon, finely grated rind only
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Place hazelnuts in a single layer on a baking tray, roast until golden (6-8 minutes). While warm, rub with tea towel to remove skins, chop coarsely, cool.
2. Meanwhile, combine 60ml olive oil, garlic and thyme in a bowl, add sourdough, toss to combine, spread in a single layer on a separate baking tray, season to taste and bake, stirring occasionally, until golden and toasted (6-8 minutes), cool.
3. Meanwhile, for goat’s cheese dressing, stir all ingredients continuously in a small saucepan over low heat until smooth and warmed through (3-5 minutes). Season to taste and keep warm.
4. Preheat a grill to high. Place asparagus in a single layer on a baking tray, drizzle with remaining oil, season to taste and grill, turning occasionally, until golden and cooked through (3-5 minutes). Combine hazelnuts, toasted sourdough, asparagus and arugula in a bowl, toss to combine, season to taste, drizzle with dressing and serve.