12 Feb LOVE IS IN THE AIR!
Summer Fig & Watermelon Salad
Love is in the air and no gourmet food expresses love better than the sexy Fig! … so slip on a fig leaf or 2 and enjoy this bobby dazzler of a love salad on Valentine’s Day!
- 2 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 1/2 cup thinly vertically sliced red onion
- 2 large fresh green-skinned figs, stemmed
- 2 large fresh Brown Turkey, Black Mission, or Striped Tiger figs, stemmed
- 1 ounce crumbled feta cheese (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2. Halve figs lengthwise; arrange figs on platter; sprinkle with cheese.
3. Combine oil, juice, and honey, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle over salad; sprinkle with mint and basil. Drizzle balsamic glaze over salad; sprinkle evenly with salt and black pepper. Enjoy!